Thursday, April 9, 2009

I've missed him so much lately. I've been very emotional. This thursday will be 10 years since my Dad passed away and the 13th will be the 5th anniversary for my son. It hurts so much to feel the time go by. It's like I'm leaving him back there in 2004. Sometimes I can go on and on about him in conversation with a dry eye but then sometimes I can say 2 words and the tears start to fall.
Solange has been making some beautiful wedding cakes for some of these weddings happening at the palace grand even and we were remembering how Tony used to brag about Solange's baking showing proof of how it was made from scratch opening up her "baking ingredients cabinet". How proud he would be of her now having attended the Orlando Culinary Academy and graduating soon, doing her externship and even her bosses amazed at how beautiful her cakes are. That made us both cry.
It's been really hard lately to hold back. The Memorial is tomorrow and that is the last time he was at the Kingdom Hall. He passed away days later.
I miss my baby so much but there is the hope I'll see his smile again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just sending you hugs (from Becka) bittersweetmess.blogspot.com