Sunday, May 10, 2009

"Happy Mother's Day"

Today the world celebrates Mother's Day. It is a bittersweet day for me. I miss Tony so much everyday. I feel like I am going above and beyond just being here everyday. I ask Jehovah for the will to keep going everyday. I am a mother 4 times afterall.
I saw the movie today that depicted Biggie Small and Tupac. A few times in the movie we were given clues that Biggie's mom was a sister. Christopher as his mom referred to him even used Jehovah's name. I remember when Biggie's mom was interviewed once after her son was murdered and her saying how she missed him, missed cooking for him....missed him. I felt a connection to her then. But now even more. In the movie driving back from the funeral or on the way to, she was holding the same bible I use from the WTBTS. I hope that she feels the same and it gives her comfort to know that she too has that hope of some day seeing her son's smile again as I do.
Just before he passed away he did have a chance to remind everyone close to him he loved them and wanted to "wipe the slate clean".
I have with me the last words Tony uttered to me on the phone the night before he was murdered. "I love you mom, I love you." So, thank you Jehovah.
Tony was everything I prayed to Jehovah for and more. Even though he didn't have a father around to teach him how to be a Man, thank's to Jehovah he had a good foundation and became a man. So, I thank Jehovah for that and so much more.

No comments: