Thursday, November 15, 2007

Capable hands....

Solange reminded me tonight of a little something, relating to Tony ofcourse. She has always slept with her door cracked open till this day. Now I know why. Tony always told her not to ever lock her door and this was because as he said, if there was ever a fire, if the door was locked how would he be able to save her in time.
As I mentioned before Tony was always very mature for his age. I have been separated from my husband since 1993, to which by the way the divorce became final the 24th of October this year, I wish I could afford to celebrate. Getting back to the subject, Tony was 12 when his father and I separated and I couldn't have left the children in more capable hands. Life would've been alittle easier if their dad wasn't a deadbeat and helped with alittle child support. I wouldn't have had to be gone all the time at work, holding down 2-3 jobs at a time.
I was driving Tony to his doctor's appointment the week before the tragedy happened and my life changed forever, when I lost my greatest gift, I had a chance to tell him that we couldn't have made it as far as we did if it hadn't been for him. He was my answered prayer.

No comments: