Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Still missing you....

Visions of yesterday deep in my heart
When you were still here and we weren't apart
Memories of my child from the day he was born
To the moment he left... now for you I do mourn
Your smile, your laughter, so terribly missed
Each of your hugs, a goodbye, and a kiss
Never once, had I thought of such terrible pain
The one left behind ... the one to remain
After years of this grief you would think I'd be fine
Don't they say everything heals with time?
Tears held within, a mask placed on my face
I hide to the world what I wish to erase
Dreams for my child will never come true
Aspirations he once so happily pursued
How is it life took this dreadful wrong turn?
How is it you will not ever return?
Sometimes I feel as though I'm insane
Keeping this so locked inside me...contained
I just want to scream to the world I MISS YOU
Wish that there were something that I could do
I guess I will have to live life as I do
Wondering just how it is I get through
With visions of yesterday deep in my heart
When you were still with me... and we weren't apart.

Lyndie Sorenson
© November 2007

No comments: